#4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 09:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/203/180 Male 5' 8"
BF:BMI 31
Progress: 43%

Hi Judy,

Thanks for the useful information! I'm wondering if you have any suggestions as to how I can increase my fat intake, while keeping in mind the kind of selections I outlined above. The problem is that I'm a 'pescatarian' (one who doesn't eat chicken or red meat, but eats fish); a fact that limits my options during induction somewhat. Luckily, I thrive on routine so day after day of a similar menu of good foods doesn't faze me.

BTW, while I thought the fitday site is a very useful tool, I did notice some discrepancies in their carb counts. They suggest that an extra large egg prepared as an omelette contains 1.49 g of carb, while Corinne T. Netzer and Atkins both list it as 0.6 g.

Of course, given my small number of selections, I could simply customize a bunch of foods for myself.

Thanks,

Rob Yale

Quote:
Originally posted by jude
Hi Rob,

You're going to think this is crazy, but a strong possibility for your slow down is that you aren't eating enough fat and your calories are too low.

I entered your menu into Fitday (using estimates for some items) and the totals came to 60% fat, 38% protein, 2% carbs, and total calories under 1500. %'s should be approx. 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. And as a guideline, your calories should be 10 or 12 x your current weight.

There are several threads in "Hot Links" under Eating Fat that will explain much better than I can.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=28939

I had the same problem as you, great results at first, then nothing for three weeks. I increased my calories for a week and lost 2 lbs.

judy