#10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 09:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic
Doing "low carb" but not Atkins (because it confuses me). I guess that I just try to watch calories and carbs.

I guess when you made that statement I sort of figured you meant you were not doing Atkins according to the specifics of the plan, but more or less a generic low carb approach, which people often refer to as atkins, but it isn't quite the same. For me personally, I doubt I could lose any weight on 50 carbs/day, but that is just me. On the other hand, I don't count calories, but I suspect there are many days I eat close to 2000 cals! The Atkins approach works very well for me, but lots of people find they do better on South Beach or one of the other programs. I saw in your profile that you read the Atkins for Life book, but that's more designed for people who have already lost their weight doing Atkins and now they are maintaining. You might want to read the Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution book, which is kind of the Atkins bible, if you are interested learning more about the detailed specifics of Atkins. That will tell you more about moving up the "carb ladder" so you can figure out what best carb level is for loosing, along with a bunch of other information that is not in the Atkins for Life book. However, there are also a lot of other good low carb plans out there that you might find are a better fit for the way you like to eat!