#7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192.5/187/147 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi there jandbsmom,

I hope things are going better for you.

I know what it's like to be depressed and want comfort food. You're probably not going to like my suggestion, but here it is....exercise. Believe me, I know how hard it is to pull yourself up and get moving when you feel so down in the dumps, but it does make all the difference.
Make yourself a workout tape full of fast pace, upbeat music. It really helps to me keep moving. (I couldn't imagine working out without music.) Plus, once I'm walking/biking, and listening to the music, all the other thoughts, feelings, ect, get put on hold. That doesn't mean they will go away completely, but of us need to take a break from the bad emotions once in awhile. Then, after you're done, you'll feel that much better knowing that you did something good for yourself.
The best thing to do is make a plan for the next day and stick to it. Lay out your workout clothes the night before to remind you. I find it best to go walking,ect. within an hour or two of getting up in the morning. If I put it off to the afternoon or evening, I'll never do it, and then I'll just end up feeling guilty.
As I write this, I know how irritating it can sound to someone that's really going through a hard time emotionally. But the endorphins that exercise produces, plus the sense of accomplishment you will get may really help you get over this difficult time. Don't think of it as a chore you have to do, but someing special that you are doing for yourself. Also, take it easy, you don't have to run a marathon. God knows, I couldn't