View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-02-05, 11:13

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

Just wanna jump in here and say that I hate it when I see parents at the super markets with their kids and all they have in their buggies are snack cakes and sugar laden sodas. The other day there were 10(!) little toddlers (age 2-4) walking around stuffing their faces with french fries and chicken nuggest from McDonalds. All the while the parent was stocking up on little debbie snacks. It blows my mind.

I am really afraid for kids now a days. When I went to school we had 3 seperate lunch lines and a salad bar. I'm not sure if they still do that today but atleast it's variety. I just wish they'd stop selling Domino's pizza. But even with that they still had coke machines and snack machines all over the place. They would turn them off during lunch hours but that doesn't stop kids from getting it other times of the day. *sigh* I really would like to see an informed nutritionist working with a school lunch menu. Sorry to say it but I don't believe that the people serving our kids have the knowledge to keep them healthy.

I have 3 younger siblings and I try to tell them to eat healthier. My dad is a great cook and keeps it healthy and my mom is a LCer so they have good stuff at home but I dread what they are putting in their mouths at school.