View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 07:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Well, I gues it's not quite as bad as a bowl of ice cream BUT......

The worst part is that it has pulled you back to a trigger food that you seeming CAN'T resist: wheat. I am the same with most breads - can't have them in the house in case I get hungry or tired or feel down. Some stupid part of me still thinks that breads will soothe whatever needs soothing.

And remember that your body is lazy and sneaky. It does not really want to expend the extra energy it takes to digest protein and fat, when carbs are so much easier. So it infiltrates your conscious thoughts with visions of your former favourite carbs. "Visions of sugar plums dance through your head". Even if you aren't hungry, you'll think of carbs or react strongly to smells or sights of them.

One of the best defences for these sneaky ideas is to say: OK - I can have it IF IF IF IF I eat this protein food first. Then go and eat some meat, fry some eggs, eat some cheese. - whatever is handy. By the time you finish the protein, you will probably be past the craving and your body will be preoccupied with what you gave it.

Isn't it liberating to know that it is NOT lack of willpower but some chemical reason that compels us toward eating what we have decided not to?