#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 21:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Working out

It seems like my lower body workout is getting too easy. I've tried making it harder, like for instance today, I did these excercises for abs where you hang your body by your arms and lift your legs up to your belly. I only used body weight, so I couldn't increase the weight each time, but I still thought it would be next to impossible to do that many reps.

It really wasn't as hard as I expected. My abs seem to be strengthening up to the point where I am not sure what to do to challenge them anymore. Leg extensions were getting stale, so I switched them around, and did weighted squats for most of the excercises and just did one set of leg extensions. Which was too hard without first working up to it.

My calves BURNED at the standing calf raises, but the burn didn't last long. The straight legged dead lift wasn't as hard as it should have been either. I don't get it, I guess I just have a pretty strong lower body already.

On the other hand the upper body workout is usually a little too hard. Particularly because there are 5 sets to get through instead of just the 4 of lower body workout day. I am always running out of time on upper body workout days.

I work out in the morning before work and sometimes I just can't finish it.

Plus I'm still worried about this elbow of mine. I am trying to favor it and allow it to rest as much as possible, but I'm not too sure how to do that and still continue to get my workouts in.

Anyone have any suggestions for some new lower body excercises I can do at home? Using free weights?
Sponsored Links