Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 16:30

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane
LOL Nancy!
At, I didn't mean to sound harsh, it's just that there are very few proven supplements out there that really do anything. Creatine, l-glutamine, protein powder, omega 3's, multi-vit's. That's pretty much it. Ephedrine will help w/appetite suppression and possibly a bit of a metabolic boost, but you'd be better off just taking straight ephedrine, stacked w/caffeine. Alot cheaper (and maybe safer) than any of these "wonder" supplements. But it's your $$, and you need to do what's right for you.

PS--mussels are shellfish, while muscles are what you're building in the gym.

I would really have to disagree with you on that statement. It is no magic pill. You still have to work hard at getting great results. But things like Protein Powder are very helpful in gaining mussel size. For example my friend and I started our work out routine at the same time. He did not use anything at all at the start. I flew past him in size, definition, and strength. He is not taking Protein Powder. If you really want to define your look then these supplements really help speed it up. That is all. You can do it with out them for sure it just takes a lot longer. And I think you get way different results.