View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: Kaufman, Atkins
Stats: 142/130/110
BF:22% or so
Progress: 38%

You sound like you are in a pretty bad way with candida and/or other fungus. The good news is that it can definitely be helped. The bad news is that it takes time patience and a good bit of discipline.

Yeast etc., are normally found in the human body but when they become overgrown due to antiobiotics, poor food choices, etc. they cause major problems, as in your case. The antibiotics also kill off the "friendly" bacteria in your gut.

To treat this situation you must kill and bad buys and replace the good ones. A good protocol would consists of a probiotic formula to replace good bacteria such as "primadophilus" in the refrigerated section of your health food store. And also a couple of supplements to kill the fungus--good choices are "caprylic acid" in combination with either garlic capsules or olive leaf extract.

For the first couple of weeks on this program you may feel pretty "punky" as the yeast begins a process called "die off". The cell wall bursts as it is killed releasing the toxins into your blood stream. It will pay off though and you should notice improvement within a month or so. This treatment will likely be necessary for several months. There are other antifungals available and many good books on the subject. One good one is called "Tired So Tired" and the "yeast connection" by William G. Crook, M.D.

Another (I forget the name) is available on the website"
www.iknowthecause.com

I hope this info helps! I've dealt with the problem alot and I know how awful it is.

Marj