View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 21:54

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Lisa and Angela,

I actually agree with both of your points. I personally would rather try induction and Atkins on real foods and see how far I can get on my own. And the only bad thing I see about this is for newbies starting induction because they're looking to do it the easy way..Like the people that come on here wanting to eat bars and drink shakes all day like it's SlimFast. They would never learn how to eat right and get their cravings under controll without the help of a supplement. What happens when they stop taking it? The cravings might come back and they'll probably want to stay on it forever out of fear of gaining weight. (like all the other ones)

But on the other hand, I can see using it to help break a plateau. When I first started Atkins, I got stuck on a 5month plateu at 130.... The scale would never budge past it. I got desperate and started eatting less, exercising more and taking crap like Metabolite... And although I don't want to try this, thinking back to how it felt being the same weight for 5 freakin months... I probably would try it.

But then again this product pisses me off because it looks a marketing thing and Dr. Atkins is just out to get our money, not so much help us lose weight. And the "appetite controll" part pissed me off. Makes him sound like a hypocrite.