View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 15:04

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

Hi there tethgirl -

sorry to hear you're in a bit of a fix right now. I've been there sooo many times, and yet I eventually have twice come back to low-carbing, because it does work and is the healthiest IMO way to eat.

Do you think part of the giving up and going back to carb-burning is to do with how you're feeling emotionally? It is my experience that the first (at least) couple of weeks going very low carb can be very hard emotionally, as your brain hasn't gotten used to regulating serotonin (feel good chemical) without the aid of carbs.

Your whole body undergoes and overhaul, and this does affect your brain. I know trying to come back to low-carbing I would go for a week then hit a wall, become depressed and give up. The problem is I always knew lowcarb was the only way I could have peace with food, appetite and have a healthy bod.

This time round I made it through the first month (it takes me longer to feel good than a lot of people), and I'm really feeling a lot better. I really think you can do this and feel good doing it. Going backwards and forwards to carb-burning may put on weight (it did for me).

I really hope you manage to work this out whichever way - it took me several years of trying out extremely different diets to finally come back to LC for good. The issues which made you come here in the first place are not going to go away with normal carbs I'm guessing?

Loops