View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/118 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi! I just wanted to wish you the best on this new journey you are starting and to throw in my two cents. I did this way of eating (WOE) a few years ago but then stopped and of course the weight came back on and so here I am again. I had a great 4 weeks this summer, then a bad 4 weeks, and this past week I started back on induction. I really want to do this WOE forever, but as you can see, I have had some problems. We are all learning...
Anyway, I wanted to share one thing with you. Many of us find that we get REALLY tired during induction. For me it starts on day 2 and continues till about day 4 or 5. I will be totally exhausted as my body is withdrawing from the sugar and reformatting itself to learn to functon without it. This is very common and please do not be alarmed or discouraged if this happens to you. PUSH THROUGH IT!! I come out of this on day 5 and start feeling fantastic! Seriously. I feel satisfied after meals and I don't feel bloated all the time. And I will have a TON of energy compared to my high-carb days. So my first tip would be to not get discouraged and to decide that you owe it to yourself to stick it out at least the two weeks of induction. At that point you can decide if it is all worth it. You will have more energy, feel great, and you will have lost some weight.

Tip number two---You've heard it before---WATER. I drink at least 32 oz while I am getting dressed in the morning. I am going to bump that up soon to 64 oz. Then I try to get as much in as I can all day and night.

One last thing...I read a post on the line somewhere that really struck me and I wish I knew who said it. Anyway, the post said that time is continuing to pass and I can either spend it eating this way or my old high-carb way. Either way, the time will pass. But with this WOE, I will weigh less with each succesive month instead of more. When I think about it this way, it makes alot of sense.

Best wishes!! Please keep us posted about your progress. Have you started a journal?

Beanie