Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 08:32
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Steffi ,

I think getting Thyroid medications at the correct level is a long haul thing. In my own case, I was on too low a dosage for 14 years or so . Yet whenever my bloods were done I was showing as "within acceptable levels" . It didn't seem to matter how many times I said I thought I needed to be on a higher dosage they didn't increase it . I think one of the break-throughs for me was when I moved house and had to change my doctor. One of the doctors at the new medical centre is very interested in thyroid problems as she has had thyroid cancer in the past. It was only when I went to see the consultant at the hospital for my 6 monthly check up and he noticed her name on my notes that he seemed to want to listen to how I felt. He was the surgeon who had operated on her and he obviously respected her opinion.

I do hope you start to feel better soon. All I can say is keep on at your doctors and ask them about increasing your dosage a little every few months and then running your blood tests. Best of luck, let me know how you get on