View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 05:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Moses,

A "major plateau of 4 weeks" is not such a bad thing. In fact, it's quite normal and natural. The body needs time to rest and rejuevenate in between bouts of losing fat. I'd like to encourage you not to think of these slow downs as problems, but as part of the natural path to healthy weight loss.

As far as metabolism boosting products go, anyone considering them should approach it the same way they approached LCing or begining on a supplements routine...by doing background reading and research, and by educating yourself. These products may have side affects that are not compatible with everyone.

I'm not saying that metabolism products are good or bad. I'm saying they are like other things we put in our bodies...we need to be fully aware of what we are doing and why we need to (want to) accelerate things. They have their place. But they shouldn't be considered as a magical solution, or a quick way to get to goal.

Congrats on your weight loss, and on getting things going. From your description it's hard to know whether the pills did the trick, or whether the significant changes you made helped, or whether time was just on your side.

Incidentally, I did try a metabolism booster after a 5 MONTH slowdown. After 3 days all they gave me was major headaches, and I was taking only half the dosage. They work for some people. My body just didn't like them and let me know.

What got me going again was increasing my carb level with healthy vegetables and fruit, focusing on exercise, and going back to the basics.