View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 21:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hang in there. Do your best. Don't worry if you're stalled or even if you gain a bit, but... well, they don't call it a way of life for nothing. Take it one day - one meal - at a time. Things will get better - they always do.

I don't know how your physical and emotional health was before you started LCing, but didn't it improve? You need that added 'umph' in stressful times, so try to put your health and your eating first. I know, it's tough sometimes, but ultimately, we handle stress better when we take care of ourselves properly.

Check out Dana Carpenter's www.holdthetoast.com website. The FAQ page really inspired me to make my eating and cooking a priority - I literally schedule other stuff around it. I don't care if the laundry and dishes aren't done, the bed's not made and there are unheard messages on the answering machine: a healthy meal takes priority over everything. To quote her:
Quote:
I can think of no better investment than good food. It is what you use to create yourself on a day-to-day basis; yes, you and all those you love. The quality of your life can never rise much above the quality of your diet; you are utterly dependent on it, both body and mind -- your brain is, after all, a part of your body."

Hope that remotely helps. We all have our rougher times.