View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 18:50

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default We all go through it

9/11 really affected me too. I travel quite a bit for work and happended to be in Boston on 9/11. All I wanted was comfort food---for me that means a really excellent bottle of red wine and huge plate of creamy risotto or polenta It's easy for people to give chipper advise when their day is going well. Just know that we all go through up's and down's on this diet at some point. For me, it took finally being congnizant of how emotionally I am effected by falling off the wagon. For several days after, I am listless, depressed and hopeless. Somehow, coming to the realization that I can greatly control my attitude and happiness by controlling the insulin rollercoaster has enabled me to be more focused and content with the wol choice. It's not a temporary diet to rebel against---it's the rest of my life. Plus it helps to have around a few of the new Malitol (sp?) LC products for days when you are tempted. Atkins now makes a really good substitute for peanut butter cups. They are self-regulating because if you eat too much it has a DRASTIC and IMMEDIATE effect on the bowels. At least for me it does..... Anyway, just know that you are not alone in the struggle