View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 16:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi. suze_c!!!

I'll be on the plan 9 weeks on Monday. The biggest thing that has helped me this time has been this low carbing forum. I have printed out recipes and ideas from the folks here and added my own thing to it. I did succumb to temptation.........once. But I realized it wasn't worth it.

I belong to another support group for the visually impaired, there are so many people who have loss their vision to diabetis. Not only their sight, but it has damaged their hearts, kidneys and other vital organs. There are even some with nuropathy (sp)...they have loss sensation in their legs and as a result they fall alot. Then the ones who have lost a toe or a limb. A close friend has been in the hospital for more than two weeks now, they are draining fluids, checking her kidneys and giving her time to get healthy enough to have a stint put in her heart. She is in her 40's with two teenagers. I don't want this to happen to me.

Thank God that I haven't gotten Diabetis because my Mom and four siblings have it. I have a ten year old son and a loving husband, I need to be here for them.

Anyway, didn't mean to get so morbid. I feel so much better on
Atkins than off it. I always have a glass of ice water at hand. I do still drink diet sodas and some coffee (not everyday). Something I sometimes do is squeeze a bit of lemon in the water and add a packet of sweetner to make a weak lemon-aid. Helps it go down faster.