View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 15:22

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

My brother worked for a turkey processing plant for a while. After hearing his stories, I will never eat anything other than whole turkey ever again! Let's just say they weren't too particular about what pieces parts went into those turkey franks and sausages.
You pay a LOT for convenience. It's always cheaper to buy whole chickens and cut them up yourself, although sometimes I can get a 10 lb. bag of chicken leg quarters for $2.50. This week, chicken wings, thighs and drumsticks were on sale for 59 cents a pound. I bought a bunch and put them in the freezer. Same thing goes for most other meats. I also shop what's on sale and base my meals around that. In my area, it seems like cheese is on sale every couple of weeks, so I get enough for a couple of weeks and then wait for it to go on sale again. In case you didn't know, most hard cheeses freeze pretty well.
Fish is insanely expensive around here which is just as well. I'm not a big fan of most fish (except tuna, which I can usually find on sale somewhere).