#3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 13:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Hi Suze-
It all sort of comes together, and it is hard to single out any one thing that makes it work. I would say that it is most important to do your reading for your particular plan, and make sure you are doing all the basic things. Too often, newcomers are too anxious to put their own individual spin on their plan, and get in trouble by not following the basic rules. (I know- that is a boring answer)

That being said, the next most important tip is: exercise, whatever way you can, in a way that you can enjoy, and daily if possible. It is possible to lose weight without this, but more difficult to both lose and keep it off, and you don't learn as much about a new way of life either. Ask Sherry- it is really exciting when you realize that you are replacing fat with muscle.

Third thing- if you want the Whoosh Fairy to visit you often, drink water! Lots of it! Then drink some more! I hate it, but I do it. I won't permit myself to drink my beloved Diet Pepsi until my 64 oz are gone...glug...glug..glug
Hugs,
Kat