View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 07:56

Plan: schwarzbein/ hellers low carb
Stats: 150/142/119
BF:
Progress: 26%

Thanks for your reply Colin...........it seems we are both on the same page..............I have had ME for 8 years now ........with a remission period of about 3 years..........where i could lead about a third of a 'normal' life .........I managed to do 3 years of a Masters degree...I avoided strenuous exercise at this always brings on a relapse.......unfortunately June this year I have had a big relapse...........hence once again am virtually housebound/sedentary...........up until a few weeeks ago i was bedbound!

I think u r right I have to face up to the reality that it's going to take time again to get to a level where i can do moderate(v. moderate) exercise again! ..........I've still not quite got over the fact that i won't ever reach the same fitness i had before i had ME..........after 8 years u would think i would !!!!!!!! I'm working on it! And I know we r all different!

I know this diet is working slowly but surely to regulate my sugar/energy levels and I suppose that is good enough at the moment..........and its going to take time.

When i was originally daignosed (1994)I was put on a anti candida diet, no sugar..........etc, no wheat/grains/dairy which i did for 3 years and lost about 2 stone .........and loads of muscle mass .........I had severe muscle wasting......probably due to lack of protein in my diet ...........this time I'm not getting muscle wasting..........which is such a huge bonus!

Your comment about loading on carbs in one meal........was interesting.....it works for me this way because if i don't have enough carbs at night .......i can't sleep!!.......and I have to be able sleep!

I'm going to stop putting so much pressure on weighing less .........instead it'll be about feeling better! I can't wait to be able to get up in the morning and plan to do something like take a walk ..........go shopping(local shops 100 yards away)......etc etc .....u know the usual things so many people (including myself at times in the past) take soooooooooooo for granted when we r well!

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply........hope i didn't ramble on too much.........I'm really glad u r doing really well with your weight loss.

Liberty x