Thread: Impatient
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 00:13

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi, Susan. Yes it is slow. And Betty is right. You don't have to have all the carbs Dr. S. recommends.

The way I do it is not to add the "real" carbs that Dr. S. recommends. I base that action on her comments in the book about not needing to add real or starchy carbs if you are eating a lot of non-starchy carbs. I usually get my real carbs from "hidden" carbs in dairy products, sauces, wine (used in cooking), and dressings, I figure it averages out to about 10 grams per meal. I don't eat starches or sugars as much as possible. I feel better that way.

The other thing to keep in mind is that TSP is a healing program, and Dr. S. also says that it may take as much as a year for the weight to start coming off as your body heals your metabolism.

And one more thing, which is what happened to me, is that if you have been particularly out of shape, your body is actually building muscle as you lose fat, even if you're not exercising, because it is finally getting the protein and fat it needs to build the infrastructure it lost when you followed low-fat diets. Try taking your measurements, you may notice a difference that is not reflected on the scales.

;-Deb