View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 10:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/241/155
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking

In answer to Number 2: one of the reasons I started Atkins was because I thought I was just too darn heavy and I hurt and ached all the time!!!! I was taking Advil 3 times a day just so I could get up and move (not exercise-- MOVE!) It was awful.

I've just finished my Induction (properly this time *lol*) and am in my 3rd week and starting OWL. What I noticed first of all was during the 2nd week when I woke up in the morning I didn't hurt when I got out of bed. My joints didn't hurt during the day. And at night I wasn't getting those pesky muscle spasms in my back...it's been a week so far free of all those sympthoms. I've not lost much weight (14 lbs) so don't consider weight a factor. I can only conclude it is the LC plan..the absence of carbs (especially sugar).

Another thing I have noticed is my siniuses. They used to be clogged all the time and I had to take antihistamines just to breathe freely...In the past 2 weeks (last week of Induction and this week) my siniuses have been draining terribly but I CAN BREATHE FREELY! (so I haven't taken Benedryl I just make sure I have water or something to sip on when the post nasal drip gets too bad). I haven't had an Advil in three days either...

So I would say yes to No. 2, that joint pain and aches do tend to fade....