Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 06:33

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by tyrelle
Hey J..

just a thought...what about reducing carbs. I've been trying to stick to no carbs to 4g. a day..and I've been in mod for about 2 1/2 days..maybe that might help.

That works for most people, but right now my carbs are sitting at about 15g. I feel like death warmed over, too. I know people who eat 45g a day who are in ketosis without a problem.

I honestly don't think my carbs are too high. I've been in ketosis before at 45g a day. I drink a TON of water....went way over 128oz yesterday. I know that if you don't drink much water you can get a darker reading on the ketostix, but mine have been showing neutral...even late last night. Last week I was in ketosis by Wed., and I kept my carbs at exactly 20g, no less. So I'm not sure what it is. I was having the same problem on Atkins too after a while. First month or so I was gettng dark readings (moderate to heavy) then it started to lighten up, then it got "spotty," meaning that some days I was in, some days I was out----without a change in diet. I eat pretty boring, much of the same stuff all the time.

I've also been REAL hungry, too. I know Lyle M. says that you may get carb cravings for the first three weeks----I assume that's from carbing up on the weekends, because on Atkins the cravings left as soon as you went into ketosis and never came back (unless you cheated or something).