Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 21:55
Registered Member

Plan: Super Mass Plan
Stats: 172/172/200
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by west_on_46
Speaking of carbups and how they can stick it to ya, right now I am looking my daily weight chart compiled over the past three months, and it's coming to me that a very important determinant of whether a carbup "fills or kills", so to speak, is activity. On a number of occasions I did a lot of walking during the weekend and those (the 18K among them) were near-perfect. On a number of other occasions I sat on my arse and ate and ended up much heavier, even though I ate less and the activity wouldn't have accounted for the difference anyway. I guess that the increased insulin sensitivity does not last the entire 48- or even 36-hours of a carbup from the depletion only, and needs to be refreshed by some activity. Even though Duchaine and Lyle said to sit on your arse all day and eat during the carbup. Again, another theory for yous to throw darts at.

This is the exact reason why I only carb up on one day a week from 10 am to around midnight after my Saturday morning depletion workout. Then Sunday is right back to keto starting the day off with high intensity cardio before breakfast.

My schedule might start getting even more crazy in a little while This mean less time in the gym and less activity.
I might have to do a one day carb up every 10 to 14 days.
But I will have to see.