Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 16:57
Registered Member

Plan: ProteinPower/Body-for-Life
Stats: 215/181.5/130
BF:47%/38%/18%
Progress: 39%
Smile C2/W3/D3

Hi, Sherry!

Challenge 2 is going well for me! I loved Challenge 1 and I'm having even more fun now...

I know that, probably, a million people are going to tell you this but I think you just need to calm down and give yourself some time. Keep giving your workouts 100%. Stick to your nutrition plan--whichever you choose. And then PATIENTLY watch what happens...

It takes TIME. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. Controlling my carbs has helped me burn fat more efficiently, but it still doesn't change the fact that to lose a pound I have to (somehow) shed 3500 calories.

Neither BFL nor LC is a magical solution to transform your body overnight. I think that's why BFL is a 12-week program, to give you enough time to achieve a meaningful transformation. According to an earlier post, you are only on Week 2, I think. (Forgive me if I'm wrong, please!) If that is correct, well, that's, frankly, too soon to know anything.

My thighs GREW (I kid you not!) during the first 3 weeks of Challenge 1! But, in the end, I lost 4 inches from EACH thigh! I'm currently on Week 3 of Challenge 2, my thighs have grown a half inch. My waist is up an inch, too! Am I freaked out or worried about it? Nope. Why should I be? It's only Week 3 of a 12-week program. The measurements at Week 12 will tell the story...

Some SUPER LUCKY people, like our very own HulaGirl, have miraculous transformations in 4 weeks. You just have to accept that those people have something lucky going for them that most of us don't have... You are an individual and you simply can't compare yourself to anybody else... And, I don't know if you are or are not, but most of us here are, I assume, metabolically challenged. And that's why we've chosen LC. I know that I sure am!

So, I was very happy with my Challenge 1 results. For me, it was like a MIRACLE to actually--FOR ONCE--lose pounds and inches. But I didn't have "impressive" results. I lost 18.5 pounds in 12 weeks. That isn't a championship amount. But I have a SLOW metabolism. I know this. I accept this. The pounds and inches I lost WERE Championship caliber--FOR ME!

I know that I worked as hard as I could and was faithful to my nutrition plan everyday at every meal, so I know that the results I achieved were the BEST possible results I was capable of. Even though they were not as impressive as some (if not most) other people's results... But so what? I did my best, and darn it, I'm proud of that!

So, Sherry, just be true to your plan and be patient. If you give it your best effort you will achieve your best results--whatever they may be... But unless you have patience, and stick to your guns, you won't be able to find out what's possible. And that would be a shame, wouldn't it?

JUST KEEP AT IT, SISTER! DON'T LET A LITTLE ANXIETY MESS WITH YOUR HEAD! YOU'LL DO GREAT IF YOU JUST GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE!

Trilbe