#19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 09:24

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalilah
Oh.. okay. I waited until today to get on the scale, and although I know I went from 157 to 160 over the weekend, only 1lb came back off so far. Maybe I should've waited until Friday to weigh? I don't know.

Mind days of the week when comparing weight - Wednesday to Wednesday, Friday to Friday, etc.

Quote:
Also, I'm feeling a bit weaker, too. I'm using the low end of the CKD parameters sheet. I sure as heck don't want to gain weight, and I don't think it's possible to gain 2lbs of LBM in a week! LOL... wouldn't THAT be nice! So I'm wondering if I didn't do something right and put on fat? Man, that would suck big time.

Since intramuscular glycogen and water count as LBM, it is possible to "gain" 2 lbs LBM a week. It's another story that it may well be gone by next week.

To put on 2 lbs of fat you'd have to have overeaten 7000 calories. Have you done that?

Quote:
If I wanted to increase energy and accelerate the fat loss, would I up the carbs, or up the protein and fat????

Up the carbs - more energy, slower fat loss
Up the protein - same energy (more or less), slower fat loss
Up the fat - more energy IF you're in ketosis, same fat loss IF you're in ketosis AND calories are not too high.

In other words, pass on the carbs and try increasing fat/protein ratio without changing the total calories.