View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 08:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 180/154/140
BF:
Progress: 65%
Thumbs up Wooo! Vivian --- well said....

[Rant ON] I think it's hard for some people (esp. women?) to make a declaration that they're actually doing something for themSELVES. I know I do. One of the reasons for starting LC for me was improving myself & I'm telling you it was a foreign concept that was difficult for us all to swallow. My family is used to my production rather than my consumption. Mom cooks, cleans, takes care of kids & works full-time too. Mom hasn't been out with a friend for more than 6 months. Mom has no personal life. Well -- not any more. This is not called "way of life" for nothing. [OK -- Rant OFF]

Yeah...I sound strong but I'm sometimes wishywashy & the resistance is there. My husband will make enough dinner for everybody but me because he says he can't figure out what I can eat. He's not being deliberately difficult or whatever, but I do take it as a little passive jab at my way of eating. Sounds like you might be getting a bit of passive resistance on your end as well -- as Vivian so wisely pointed out. The only resolution though, no matter what the cause, is for you to voice your position. Whatever works best: "Hands off the Eggs Buddy" or "My dearest husband: When you eat my eggs it makes me feel like...." LOL...LOL. I'm working on it too so you've got a compatriot!

Best wishes & good luck -- Ginger