View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 20:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/245/200
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Ludwig/low-glycemic

I'd appreciate it if anyone had a link or could point me to other resources regarding David Ludwig's low-glycemic diet. I've only been able to find vague descriptions of it like: "eat only foods with a low-glycemic load." Not too specific. I'd be interested in a more detailed outline of how his diet works.

Failing that, I'm reading more and more about diets that are based primarily on the glycemic load of foods in general rather than on counting carbohydrate grams. Any information on how a low glycemic diet works in the real world would be greatly appreciated.

I've looked at "The G-Index Diet" by Richard N. Podell and he seems to claim you can lose weight on a 2,000 calorie diet of low-glycemic foods. His specific take does limit fat to 25 percent of calories.

So far I've been pretty successful on Atkins, but before that I started losing weight just by emliminating sugar and refined grains. Eventually, though I'd like to add some whole grain and fruit (fiber is an issue too) and I wonder if glycemic load is a way to find an optimal level for total carbohydrates--without it getting to complicated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links