Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default Re: Argh!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nanner
cups coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
low carb meal bar (usually i have turkey and cheese or tuna but i was running errands)
roasted and salted almonds (is THIS the problem?)
2 glasses wine (or is THIS the problem?)
atkins low carb chocolate bar

Damn. I would suggest cutting out all of the above. ESPECIALLY The low carb and Atkins bars! They cause stalls in people because there are hidden carbs. Running errands or not..lol. If anything, grab a lowcarb/protein shake. Much better and just as easy.

Coffee has alot of Caf. in it, and 1/2 and 1/2 isn't a good idea. You're better off with Decaf and heavy cream if anything.

agonycat already covered the alcohol part..lol And the nuts aren't bad, it's just the Salt Which will make you retain water, unless you're drinking more than enough to flush it out.
Quote:
i am going to do the hard core atkins induction i guess - i have resisted that because it usually makes me feel like i am 'suffering' when i have to restrict and that is the reason why i end up binging.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe you felt like you were "suffering" before because you were eating things like low carb bars and stuff which trigger carb cravings. You can eat as much protein and fat on Atkins, and maybe after you lose weight (which if done correctly, you should the first week) You'll be more motivated to stick with it. Hell, feeling "restricted" for a couple weeks and losing weight can't beat the PAST 4 weeks you just did for nothing and gained a pound. Right? Whats 2 more weeks?

Quote:
what should i do? any advice? should i just kepp on trucking and hope i eventually stop gaining weight? or should i swtich to the more restricted plan that atkins recommends and cut veggies, nuts, and the wine from my plan?a little progress would help me keep doing this. thanks and sorry for the rant.

Yep gave my advice already I think you should try the Atkins induction for 2 weeks and see how it goes. But before you jump right into it, make sure you read alot of the posts and ask questions if you need to... Just to make sure you're doing everything by the book (if you haven't read it) And check out all the info on this site, and even check out www.atkinscenter.com for some more info before you start. And don't be sorry for ranting or asking questions, how else will ya learn what your mistakes are and what you can do to be more successfull