View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 20:34
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

A year and a half ago when I was 26 pounds heavier than I am now, I used to go grocery shopping in the middle of the night so that nobody I knew would see me. In the daytime, I would get into my car in the attached garage and make sure the garage door was closed before I got out of the car when I returned because I didn't want my neighbors to see me. I avoided all social situations and was very reclusive because I was so ashamed of being fat. At my current weight, I am no longer nearly as depressed as I was but I am still not comfortable with myself at this weight. I would love to be able to buy an outfit because I really like it and not because it's slimming. I know I have come a long way because a year and a half ago, when I made a Wal-mart run at 3 AM, if I could find something that would fit around me, that's what I bought. I We shouldn't allow our emotional state to be ruled by our weight, but society has given us a heavy burden by equating being fat to somehow being immoral. The main reason I want to lose weight is because I don't ever want to be as depressed as I was when I was 26 pounds heavier.