#14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 19:44

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalilah
So "being careful" with the high GI carbs----what do you mean by that?....Mr. 18,000 man! All kidding aside---really, what do you mean by "be careful?" Eat less of them, make different choices??? I didn't eat any chocolate (recovering chocoholic).

By that I mean that if you need to make sure that they go to the right place (muscles), so make sure that the insulin sensitivity is high - that muscles are depleted, that nothing is getting in the way of insulin (like sat fat or too much caffeine), et cetera.

My 18,000 included only about 200-some grams of fat, spread over the 48-hour period (getting up in the middle of the night and all). It was all unsaturated from organic peanut butter.

Speaking of carbups and how they can stick it to ya, right now I am looking my daily weight chart compiled over the past three months, and it's coming to me that a very important determinant of whether a carbup "fills or kills", so to speak, is activity. On a number of occasions I did a lot of walking during the weekend and those (the 18K among them) were near-perfect. On a number of other occasions I sat on my arse and ate and ended up much heavier, even though I ate less and the activity wouldn't have accounted for the difference anyway. I guess that the increased insulin sensitivity does not last the entire 48- or even 36-hours of a carbup from the depletion only, and needs to be refreshed by some activity. Even though Duchaine and Lyle said to sit on your arse all day and eat during the carbup. Again, another theory for yous to throw darts at.