View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 12:46

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Mountain biking-cardio and weight training?

Greetings---I tried to find a thread to tag on to, but there is so much content here I decided to start a new thread. I need some input.... I have been back on this wol since 4/02. I was doing moderate cardio about 3 times a week, stationary bike, tread mill and hiking. I came to a very basic conclusion on my hikes; large people can hike---large people do not mountain bike. So, about a month ago, I got brave and climbed my large you-know-what on my little used mountain bike. Brutal. I have been consistantly biking every week, 4 or 5 times, in the morning before any food. I live in an area that has very excellent biking right out my door. I experienced weight gain due to muscle build. Now I am back down to my pre-mountain bike weight--it took about a month to get the scales back down, but I have lost considerable inches. My question is, does this count as weight training in addition to cardio? Am I doing this too frequently? I eat aprox. 1800-2100 cals/day, with about 20-30 grams of carbs. Also, I have to travel quite a bit for work. Any suggestions on keeping up the work out routine while away from home? I have a hard time with gyms in hotels--embarassed, etc. Thanks for the great info here!
Sponsored Links