View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 11:21

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 381/239.8/160 Male 5 ft 6.25 inches
BF:61%/38.4%/25.6%
Progress: 64%
Default Try cutting carbs lower...

When I started on my Herbalife plan, I cut carbs way down at first, which is similar to Atkins. Try bringing your carbs to 20-30 grams and see if you feel any better. You may not be in ketosis. If you cut out sugar, you will notice an immediate improvement. When I started doing low-carb 6/1 or so (I dabbled for a month before getting serious with it 6/29), I still had one or two cokes a day. When I dropped them altogether, I felt a lot better. To think that I used to have Coke for energy... what a joke! I am not sure from your reply what carbs you are having within that hour of eating.

Also, if you aren't doing so, make sure you get your Magnesium and Malic Acid supplements. They have helped me immensely. And, since getting on this WOE, I am also making sure I am getting potassium, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin E and a good multivitamin.

I was much like you. There were days when I couldn't even move. On the weekend, I was looking at old pictures that were taken at my apartment in Toronto about 3 1/2 years ago. There was junk everywhere... You can believe me when I tell you that I know where you are. And I can also tell you that this is the way out - low carb will work for you. It has for me. When I first started losing earlier this year (early June?), I said to some people at work that I would be happy if I had lost 75 pounds by New Year's. Well, here it is, September 17th, and I have lost 79!!!