Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 14:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/253/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Re: is it impossible to lose?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tams531
I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS.....and after reading message boards I have found alot of support, yet I have also been feeling a bit discouraged!! I have seen several posts saying it is near impossible to lose weight.....despite all good efforts. Is it true that women with PCOS have THAT much more difficult time losing weight???? Are my efforts going to pale in comparison to those of a non-pcos woman? Don't get me wrong, I am low carbing.....taking my Provera.....exercising.........weight training............BUT am I just beating myself up for little result? So far, I have seen little reward for these efforts.....

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed! I am usually not negative, but I am just afraid that my efforts are going to leave me discouraged due to no real results!

I would love some input!!!!!

Thanks in advance...

Hi Tams

Let me tell you this - when i read this I couldn't stop nodding my head! We are in the same boat, and it is good to know there is someone out there with the same doubts and concerns as myself! Thank you for asking these questions! Discouraged - that's me in a nutshell!! And it's ONLY BEEN A WEEK!!
I have no patience for dieting... I want to see results NOW.. and if I don't then I tend to completely lose sight of the point of going through the torture.

I have never had success on any diet, and this is my first time to try low-carbing. I am also exercising reguarly, which is something that I have never really done. and the way i feel about it :THIS BETTER WORK, OR ELSE!!!! Or else what? or else I'll give up and bake a pan of brownies and eat the whole thing!! AND LIKE THEM!!

So, let's hope, for my sake - and yours, that it works!! and that we see results! If i could just get a few pounds off it would be enough to keep me going...

We'll see where i'm at in another week.

Best of luck to you! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!

Feel free to email me anytime at banky216~yahoo.com

-Mel