View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 11:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%

I used to get occular migraines regularly. (I once even got coital migraine, believe it or not...the worst experience I ever had!)

Then I moved to Estonia. Funny, but my imitrex pills, injectables, and inhalers all went unused. I lived there for nearly 3 years and never had a migraine of any sort.

Their diet consists of a lot of fat, protein and carbs--mostly meat and potatoes type of meals. The big difference between there and here, is that they use only fresh, non-processed, with no preservatives. Their vegetables and fruits look yucky in the stores, but they enjoy them and laugh about how americans have cookies and cakes with a shelf life of five years. Most won't even buy tomatoes or other vegetables from certain countries which use chemical fertilizers or hydroponics. Even in terms of medicine, the doctors always recommend something herbal/homeopathic before writing a prescription for chemicals.

I came to the conclusion while there, that my migraines here were likely to pollutants, preservatives, and chemicals--all unnatural to our bodies, and which we use far too much of in this country.

I haven't had a migraine since I returned, but my habits and lifestyle have also changed to an extent. So, I can't tell you if it's a matter of carb quantity or not, but I'd wonder if you are eating more processed foods or new ones--or whether you may be detoxing from something in stuff you've given up.

Not sure if that helps, but it's all I've got.

AJ