View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 10:14

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Welcome Sbailey and I hope you will find TSP (the Schwarzbein Principle) to be as helpful to you as it has to many others. As you know from reading her book a lot of the Dr.'s research has been with diabetics.

One does not have to forgo starches and sugars(naturally occuring ones such as in fruit) on her program, just choose the healthy, recommended amounts from her suggestions. There aren't any healthy foods eliminated from her program. The inclusion of healthy fats are probably what makes it easy to stick with also as it fills the body with it's nutritional needs.

For me the key to gaining control of my appetite was eliminating worthless sugars -- junk-- but not eliminating fruits. It takes time. Sometimes people find that they are not eating for comfort (although we all do from time to time) as much as actual nutritional need -- once we have given our bodies what they need and must have that we gain better control. TSP can do this -- but keep in mind that quality takes time and perseverance. (dang it!

I find coming to this board helps me to keep my goal in the forefront of my life so I stick with it.

If you are just starting in may I suggest you write down your measurments and refer to them in the future as one way to gauge your progress, you may see a reduction there before it shows on the scale.

keep in touch with us!