Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince3325
plateau-
2 a : a region of little or no change in a graphic representation b : a relatively stable level, period, or condition

A platue occurs when the body gets used to a change. Alot of people use this as en excuse to go off low carb diets, or quit all together. That is just not how to handle this type of situation. Stop crying about it, stop complaing that you aren't loosing any more weight. And kick up your physical activity. Instead of going on the computer take a walk. Don't drive around the parking lot 10 times looking for a spot close to the entrance, just park further away and walk. Get more random physical activity in your daily routine. Take stares instead of an escalator. Don't be afraid to sweat. A plateau is a good thing. It means you have done something right, but now you have to kick it into high gear. I've seen and read to much whining and complaining about plateaus, they are more of a mental road block then a physical one.

Vince:
You're an extremely obese male. You've been dieting for 3 weeks. These factors (being extremely obese, male, and not on a diet long) all mean your metabolism is still very high and weight will fall off.
You are in the honeymoon stages and eventually it will slow down. While you are correct it's possible to overcome any stall with exercise, you are very much incorrect when you assert it is easy or simple to do because it's not. It's hard. Very hard. Many people are adverse to exercise. Many people are adverse to eating less.

You know it's one thing to suggest people eat less and exercise more to break stalls. I do that all the time, and totally agree with you there. It's another to be so berating and insensitive (i.e. "stop whining" or "just get your fat butt to the gym" type talk). It's not easy and you as someone with a weight problem should realize that. I guess you will start to appreciate how hard it is once you're no longer massively obese and therefore no longer experiencing a "free ride" metabolically . If it was so easy or simple to do these things, how did you end up staring down 400 pounds to begin with?