View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 12:31

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm stuck in time.

My plan is to update the pic every 20 pounds. That one was taken on Day 144 when I was 40 pounds down. I'm now on Day 239 but am only 49 pounds down.

That's right, Eileen, I've only managed to drop a net of 9 pounds in 95 days - for someone that STILL needs to lose at least 150 pounds. Six months ago, when I went for about five weeks without losing a thing, I was almost as frustrated as you. But I have learned to enjoy how much better this WOL makes me feel and be confident that, no matter how slow it might end up, if I stick to it I will eventually get there.

Since I started I've lost an average of 6 pounds per month - hell, my morning to night weight fluctuates by almost that much! I originally wanted to achieve 20 /mo and then settled on 10#/mo as a "realistic" goal. I've had spurts of rapid weight loss but that means that I've had even more periods with excrutiatingly slow weight loss. But, in the end, I am 49 pounds lighter today than I was eight months ago - and if I am 49 pounds lighter eight months from now I will still be 100 pounds overweight and have a long way to go but I will also be 100 pounds lighter than when I started and will be feeling a hell of a lot better than I did when I started.

Patience and Persistence.