Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:43
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Ash

I'm trying to stick at under 20g of carbs a day, although I fell off the wagon big style last night. We were at an evening wedding reception You know the scenario, you can't drink mineral water all night so you decide to have a gin and slim line tonic (zero carbs according to the Atkins book ) what started out as a couple quickly becomes seven or eight . Then there was the food - it was a hot buffet, rice with a choice of chicken madras, chilli, lasagne, veg curry, etc, etc I chose chicken madras with a little bit of rice. We stayed overnight in the hotel so had a lovely cooked breakfast this moirning which I really enjoyed, although I did "cheat" slightly and have a small piece of black pudding and a half slice of fried bread We went into Durham today and ended up in the tea room in the Cathedral, I don't know how, but suddenly there was a cheese scone on the plate in front of me So, it will be back on the plan again properly tomorrow . I have got just over 3 weeks until I go on holiday.

Shift work desn't interfere too much. I usually take some salad and cold meat or tuna to work and try to have a cooked breakfast before I leave when I am on dayshift. We work 12 hour shifts but in general I don't feel too hungry. When I'm on nights I try not to have anything too heavy during the night. It just doesn't feel right at 3am

I was looking at a low carb internet site the other night and might send off for some things. Our health shops in Newcastle don't seem to stock any low carb items.

Keep in touch, hope to speak to you soon.