View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:33

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Re: So demoralised i feel like giving up..

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyJJ
the only thing i've not been doing is exercise.

You've already received a lot of excellent suggestions, but I'd like to second the motion for exercise.

If it's the only thing that you feel that you haven't been doing, why not do it? It IS a viable option. There are so many benefits that you'll derive from it. I speak from experience here:

You'll be burning more calories.

You'll be stimulating the flow of good brain chemicals.

You'll be increasing LBM (Lean Body Mass).

You'll boost your self confidence and self esteem.

I only wish that I'd accepted the recommendations I was given years ago; to get doing a regular exercise program. I feel that I would have lived a happier life in general.

When I mention LBM, that is a very impressive reality that has now been proven to me. I can wear clothes that I used to have to be 20 pounds lighter to get into. It's because more of my weight now is muscle, rather than fat. Muscle is 4X as heavy as fat, by volume. If you think about it by picturing a one pound brick's size compared to the size of a pound of feathers, you'll get the idea.

So what does this mean to you? If you start exercising regularly, you will likely find, down the road, that even without losing much or even any weight, you are smaller.

Marlaine