View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:08

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Ya know, I have to second the whole "the scale is not the whole story' idea.

I went through about a 6-8 week period on this WOE where I didn't lose a single pound. Not ONE. However....

I was tracking measurements and body fat percentage.

In that time, I had lost about 10-12 lbs that were EXACTLY replaced by muscle. My sizes dropped, my measurements dropped etc, but if I had relied on only the scale, I'd have given up for sure.

Those 6 weeks were part of a 3 month CKD program (there's a forum for it under Exercise) that all in all saw about 25 lbs of fat loss, got me into size 12s (yes, 200 lbs and size 12), and dropped my bodyfat percentage by about 10 whole percent. Want to know what the net loss on the scale was? 9 lbs.

How about if you try this: write down your measurements, give it one more month and see what happens. In that month, follow whatever play you choose carefully, making sure you're giving your body everything it needs to function. If you don't have a journal, start one and we'll help you. Find a website that will let you use measurements to track your bodyfat percent. There are several listed in one of the BFL stickies, namely "LC and BFL". I use the one at Linear Software. Make sure you use the one for women and not men

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Friday