#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 07:05
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 146/126.1/120
BF:26.5
Progress: 77%
Question Good Carbs

A friend recommended Terry Shintani's book "The Good Carbohydrate Revolution", of which I have read about 100 pages so far.

He suggests that certain types of carbs are good - like whole grains, vegetables and fruits - saying that cultures who's main diets consist of these types of foods and that are also low in fat, processed grains, and sugar live longer and have lower rates of obesity, cholesterol, heart disease, and cancer (among other things).

I am finding this information extremely interesting, as one of my primary worries about the LC WOL is it's lack of fiber (which I can personally attest to the problems with this) and fruits, as well as it's high consumption of saturated fats.

Now, I LOVE my steaks, butter, and cream and would have a very hard time giving them up. Also, I have managed to lose 17 pounds on this diet (CAD) and am into a size 6 finally, but I am starting to have second thoughts about low-carbing. I think going forward, in terms of the lifetime maintenance of my new slimmer self, Dr. Shintani's approach may have some merit.

Ok, so you're thinking "what's her question?"

I just want to know what other people think about this. Has anyone read this book, or heard about it? Do other people have trouble finding the logic in eating a high-fat, low fiber diet?

Just wondering...
Sponsored Links