#4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 07:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hello Alex,

And welcome to the SB Forum!

I am glad to see that your parents are monitoring your progress.

I am wondering though because 150 lbs on a 5'7" male frame doesn't seem overweight to me????? I checked it out on the weight table at the U of PA website and it appears that you are in normal range. That is a great site btw --- it has weight tables and how to determine % of weight loss and % of overweight.

http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/001938.htm

Is your personal trainer encouraging weight loss or toning?

That being said: SB is is such a healthy way of eating that I even reccomend it to folks who aren't interested in weight loss. (LOL! I'm such a crusader)

We don't really count calories, or carbs or fat grams. Just use your dinner plate to determine portion control as the authors suggested. Staying away from refined carbs, eating moderate fat and low Gylcemic index foods will automatically control insulin response. which promotes healthy weight.

Is eating lunch at school a problem for you? School lunches are notorious for being heavy on the starches & sugars.

I assume that you are referring to the Gylcemic Load of a meal when you are referring to lowering the gylcemic index of a particular food. Wish I could help but I don't have any experience in that area of Low GI Food Plans. You might want to read The Glucose Revolution or the GI Index Diet. I think they both explore that theory.

HTH ...
molly