#3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 22:23
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Eileen,

Yes, I can't help but assume you want someone to talk you into staying with low carb.

So, okay, I'll give it a shot.

First of all, how about documenting exactly what you eat.

Secondly, your weight loss is slow, but it is happening!
I am in much the same situation as you, the little I have lost has taken all year. Mainly because I take 3 different medications (sometimes more) that are known to slow weight loss. But I plan to eat like this forever and, as I also plan to be on this earth for a long time yet, I want my health to be my main priority. The weight will come off eventually.

Yes, I lost weight more quickly on a low fat/low cal diet, but not only was I always hungry, but the weight charged back on as soon as I "finished dieting." The beauty of this WOE is that one simply transitions to a maintenance plan and the weight stays off.

I am also much healthier now. My IBS has virtually disappeared and my cholesterol, while still elevated is now fine because my HDL (the "good" one) is so high it is actually protective against heart disease.

Do you really want to return to your "severe hypoglycaemia?"
And remember that after low carbing, a return to a high carb diet will increase your weight for a while.

Please, reconsider.

All the best to you, Eileen.

Rosebud