#2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Hello Alex

Hi Alex and welcome to the SB forum.

Firstly, as I mom I have to ask if you are under a doctor's care. If not a good check-up is in order!

Now for the water thing. I find I have the best weightloss if I drink a liter of water first thing in the morning as I'm getting myself ready for work and the kids ready for school. It "primes" my system and I actually feel better being hydrated first thing. So if you can get a liter in before school that would be great. Then at lunch time you can have a bottle of water then. Between classes a big sip or two will help. Now after school will be your time to get in all the rest. I drink three liters a day and I think if you got one drank in the morning, some drank at school you will have no problem getting the rest in for the day. It takes persistance!!

Calories. I don't count them. I have a computer program my husband bought that is extensive and counts not only calories but everything else you can think of. I kept track for about a year so I pretty much know what I'm eating and what it's worth calorically and fat wise. If you are really into counting and you don't have an "issues" with it..go ahead and count! I think with SB you'll be suprized that your caloric intake is low. Make sure your eating enough though!

Exercise. It has to fit into your schedule in order for you to keep it up. Be reasonable about it but do, do what you can. Try Monday, Wednesday and Friday aerobics and Tuesday, Thursday weight training. Throw in a Saturday of hiking, walking or swimming and your well on your way. Remember, sompin is better'n nuthin!!

The tricks for lowering the glycemic levels? Got NO idea but I'll watch this thread to learn them!

Good luck Alex!

Daisy