View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 16:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/197/150 Female 5'4"
BF:46% :(
Progress: 55%

I wouldn't consider it "extreme". This fast is more for people who end up with the "carb creep" where the carbs slip in and end up here and there and it's truly more than people realize, OR for those who find that their loss has slowed down because yes, they are eating fewer carbs, but they are adding tons of calories in conidments and other calorie-laden additives.

Partially why Atkins and low carb diets work- it's STILL calorie counting that we are doing, but we help it along by choosing foods that DON'T make us hungry, which triggers overeating. Atkins said that when we eat this way, calories are naturally lower. It's a natural way to lower our calorie count.

That being said, I know a lot of people will start to talk about how calories aren't created equal, but this is mostly my experience. Atkins works because we eat less calories. Plain and simple. The egg and meat fast works because it truly gets people back to the basics. Without all the added crap that we justify adding to our diets because it's "low-carb".