#5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 07:23

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisnow
I have scoured the thread (meat & egg fast) looking for the rules. Some people say you can have seasonings, mayo, oil etc., others say you can't. Same with coffee, tea, soda, splenda, cream and cheese. Is this diet actually just eliminating any salads and veggies? Is there someplace online I can go to find this diet written out? Thanking you for your help.

xisnow, it's hard to find 'rules' because it's an experiment that someone came up with on their own and tried; it's not part of any published plan out there. Because of that, it's only natural that nearly everyone has their own set of rules for doing something like this.
IMO, I don't recommend doing this if you are not honestly and truly stalled meaning no loss of pounds OR inches for a period of 4-6 weeks and you have ruled out all other possible reasons for slow/no weight loss first. See this thread for more information on that.
Reading through the post above, it occurs to me that what they are suggesting is a "KISS" (keep it simple, sweetie) version of Atkins...whole foods, watch portion sizes and skip the low carb sweets and treats and I think you'd be far better off going that route rather than resorting to something this extreme first.