View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 07:18

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: 4th week of LC - No weight loss??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by EBesanko
I My primary food includes unlimited lean beef steak/roasts, pork chops/roasts, chicken & turkey breasts, lamb and the occasional no-carb burger, sausage or bacon with no sauces, etc!

Lean meats?

Any idea what your fat/protein/carb ratio is? Believe it or not Atkin's is fairly high in fats, not proteins.

Our normal daily break down goes like this:

65 percent fat, 30 percent protein, 5 percent carbs
70 percent fat, 25 percent protein, 5 percent carbs
75 percent fat, 20 percent protein, 5 percent carbs

I don't think many of us go under 65 percent fat. Note if you have been on a low fat diet in the past I would highly recommend you see your doctor to run some tests. If your gallbladder has been inactive due to a low fat diet for sometime, you could have gallstones and not know it until you increase the fat in your diet. Better safe and check than in pain later.

Fat is your friend on this diet. It is inert and has no impact on your blood chemistry yet provides much needed calories. Excess proteins can be converted to glucose. Add butter to those veggies, buy full fat salad dressings, forgo buying anything that states "low fat" because in order to achieve taste they normally increase the amounts of sugar.

Your water intake, veggies, cheese and other things look good. Continue on with those. Remember this isn't a low fat diet anymore. This is low carb and a complete change in mental processing.