#14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 12:33

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I don't think everyone has a miraculous weight drop when they start getting thyroid meds. Even though I'm doing well on my new meds, I still have to diet like mad to lose weight.

So can you tell me what "doing well" means in your book? Like have you lost a pound a week or 5 pounds in a month? I just need something to go by. Dieting like mad----what is that exactly? I'd just like an idea of what someone eats that is losing weight.

Since I started the Cytomel, I no longer eat pasta, breads, sugars, anything caffeinated, no artificial sweeteners, milk, cheese or cereal. And lucky me, I've kept 10 of the 15 pounds ON that I gained when I started taking the Cytomel. So not only did I have 50 to lose to begin with (or more), but now I've got an added 10 because of the "high metabolism" drug T3. Really works wonders for me.. I read about all of these weight lifters that eat greasy, fried foods and take Cytomel so that they don't get fat. Can't figure that one out.

I've done Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, Carb Addicts and now am on Pat's Diet Shake (replacement meal shakes) because gee, I have nothing left to fall back on. I lost 3 pounds in 3 months on WW, 7 pounds in a year on Atkins. So now I've just decided to give myself a pat on the back for changing my eating habits since I've started Cytomel. But it doesn't change the number on the scale or the size of my pants. If anything, my cellulite is worse than it's ever been.

Exercise? Oh yeah---I run 5K's on my treadmill, I walk outside till the sweat drips off of me. I do yoga, power walking and hmmmmm, I'm still fat. It really works out well when you're in a family of skinny minnies that just think you sit around and stuff your face all day. I believe I try my hardest and that's all I can do. I just wish I could find the balance between food intake, exercise done and where my thyroid needs to be...it is the metabolism regulator, right? I am in real thyroid denial right now...