View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 11:26

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%

I hope you're right because I'm expecting a miracle and soon.

I never felt awful, I just felt mad that I am unable to lose weight. As I noted above, I feel much better being on the T3, rather than to be on nothing at all.
To say that I feel like a million bucks like my friend does----no...but I do feel better.

I wish I could be like my friend as in she has no clue as to what her numbers were before or after her treatment---all she knows is her thyroid was screwed up and the Cytomel cured her. She doesn't take T4 and she does feel wonderful on 75 mcgs of T3. So it does work for some people---that I have proof of. She doesn't care what her numbers are or were..all she knows is she feels good, no--better than good, great. And she's been on straight T3 for around 2 years.

We both have the same Dr---one listed on the Top Docs list and even though he hasn't cured me of my weight problem, he has given me back a huge part of my life. I no longer have panic attacks, I sleep at night-not during the day, I'm less hungry and don't have that hunger sensation all day long, the hair on my face is less, palpitations are just about gone, etc. He has given her her life back also---and she's much healthier without those 60 pounds. I still have to stick by his side---he treats my symptoms, not numbers on a paper and if I felt crappy from this treatment, you can bet I'd be perched outside his door first thing in the morning.

I can't argue the point that bodies need T4---the man who created us put it in there for some reason and that's my argument about losing the weight---maybe "my" body needs the T4 in order to function properly. I know it's early with only 2 weeks of treatment on Armour, but so far I can't say that I feel any different. If anything, I feel even more tired at bedtime---but I'm not complaining. I went for 12 years without sleep, so I look forward to that groggy feeling at night.

What would my symptoms be if I had the correct dose of T3 and T4 in my body? I guess that's my question. If I already have the energy, I sleep well, less hunger, etc. What am I supposed to be looking for? Is the scale gonna drop 10 pounds over night? Am I gonna be able to eat a cow and the scale not budge? I'm not even sure what feeling good is supposed to feel like, it's been so long. Or maybe I do feel good, but just get sad of the numbers I see on the scale?