View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 11:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, I confess to having eaten Chicken Feet at a chinese restaurant serving Dim Sum. Hey, I figure if all those Chinese like it, it must be good.

I suspect there isn't enough dextrose in the chicken meat to be that huge of a problem. If you look at the total carbs on frozen chicken, its very low.

One thing they said is that chicken tastes entirely different now than it used to. In fact, the phrase "tastes like chicken" oddly wouldn't apply to old fashioned chickens.

I think 50 years ago, or more, the chicken lived a lot longer before being slaughtered, they probably lived on plant shoots, scraps and bug (boy, chickens LOVE to eat bugs!). In fact, when I was a kid, my parents slaughtered our baby chicks... well, after they grew into hens and stopped laying reliably. And they tasted decidedly different from store chicken. In fact, I didn't like the taste. I don't know if that was influenced by the fact that I was emotionally attached to our hens or what.

My hands used to have an orangish cast from all the carrot juice my mom made us drink.